To obtain further information on the music of David Ellis, and to order your customized CD (max. 78 minutes of music), please select from the Catalogue entries marked # and e-mail your address to the composer at: -
Please note, a small contribution will be requested to cover postage & packing; for overseas orders, bank currency conversion charges will be added.
March 2014 Latest Information
The scores and other materials relating to the music composed by David Ellis have been transferred to the Archive held at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester, UK.
Enquiries by e-mail can be addressed to the composer's link above.
- a new CD of British music featuring Leon Bosch includes the very popular Sonata for solo double bass.
- the young Chinese virtuoso Wu Zheng-Yu has recorded the Sonata for Solo Violin and the Violin Sonata (with pianist David Jones), now available online.
- the premiere of "Parallel Shadows" for double bass and piano took take place on 14 March 2009 at Riverhouse Arts Centre, Walton-on-Thames, given by Leon Bosch and Alison Rhind. It was repeated in June at a concert in the USA, and was performed again in the UK at the Lake District Summer Music Festival on 5 August 2009.
- a recording of British music premieres on the Somm label [CD 241] for piano and orchestra with soloist Mark Bebbington & the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Howard Williams, includes the Piano Concertino by Frederic Austin in an edition commissioned from David Ellis.
- the first performance of Pitfield Pumproom was given on 26 November 2009 in Manchester as part of the New Music Festival and played by the RNCM Wind Collective conducted by Mark Heron.
- the Fell Clarinet Quartet gave the first performance of Contra Partita - in a version especially prepared for them by the composer - on 13 April 2010 at Salford University, prior to their CD recording session for this work .
- Four Studies in 6 parts ["For One Who Hears Different Colours"] for solo piano was premiered by Panayiotis Demopoulos (piano) on 5 May 2011 at the Royal Northern College of Music. The CD, also including music by Alexander Goehr and Anthony Gilbert, has been released on the Prima Facie label [PFCD013].
- the Naxos CD label includes a 2011 issue of music by Malcolm Arnold, principally the revised scores prepared and orchestrated on behalf of the composer by David Ellis: the Cello Concerto (1988), Saxophone Concerto, Flute Concertino, and the Fantasy for Recorder and String Quartet (1990).
- music on release on CD during 2014 includes Contra Partita for clarinets, "Two for Six" for saxophone quartet, the Quintet for wind instruments, Concert Music for strings, Solus, Diversions, September Threnody, and the Vale Royal Suite.